Home > Blogs > Have You Checked These Technical Property Papers Before Taking The Keys?

  • A+
  • A-

Have You Checked These Technical Property Papers Before Taking The Keys?

Have you checked these technical property papers before taking the keys?

Jean-Jacques Rousseau, the French philosopher quoted, atch a cat when it enters a room for the first time. It searches and smells about, it is not quiet for a moment, it trusts nothing until it has examined and made acquaintance with everything.

Are you going to buy your first home soon Then you need to act like a cat, as mentioned in the above quotation. A little caution from your side can help you protect yourself against cheating. Let have a glance on the technical property documents that require your attention

Ownership Documents

  • Sale Deed: This is the main property paper under which property rights are transferred from the seller to the buyer. Sale deed, also known as conveyance deed is the proof of sale and gives legal protection to your property. This document, governed by the Registration Act, is signed by at least 2 witnesses of the deal. Its execution is indispensable however prior to this you must ensure the property under deal must bear a clear title and sale agreement has been executed rightly.
  • Mother Deed: As a buyer, you want to know the origin of the property. Right. To track the ownership of the property with the seller, ask for the certified copiesfrom the start, you need to have a glance on Mother Deed. If in case this document is unavailable with the authorities. This deed is required at the time of the sale of the property.

Again while availing home loan from a lender, you need to furnish this document. The sequence of ownership should be updated in a continuing manner to avoid any hassle later on.

  • Encumbrance Certificate: Who would not love to be the owner of the property free from any monetary and legal liabilities As a buyer, you want the ownership without any associated baggage. In this context, you need to know that the encumbrance certificate is that sort of technical document that certifies your property has a marketable title and is free from any legal due. The documented act as an evidence for transfer of titles, mortgages or any transaction in concerned with your property.
  • Tax Receipts: You need to check tax receipts, utility bills to ensure the ownership of a property. If your seller is not providing the tax receipts which contain tax payers & owners name; go to the municipal body, use the survey number of the property and get the receipts. Again, you need to know the taxes have been paid till the date of sale.

Building Approval Plan: The builder owner must get the plan approved by the jurisdictional commissioner or any other officer, approved by the concerned authority.

Conversion Certificate: The concerned revenue authority issues the permission for conversion of agricultural to nonagricultural land. This permission is given in the form of a Conversion Certificate. As we know India is an agricultural country and around 70% population depends on farming only, permission is required for changing the land type. The documents required for conversion certificate include but not limited to land sketch, title deed, zonal certificate and mutation records to name a few. No objection Certificate NOC is also required for the Tahsildar office and land regulatory authority for obtaining the conversion certificate.

Completion Certificate:

Why is a completion certificate required This is the necessary document because this confirms the building has been made according to all rules & regulations of the building act. This is very important at the time of purchasing.

Occupancy Certificate:

When a building is fully constructed or becomes ready for possession, the builder asks for occupancy certificate from the concerned government authority. When the request is put up, the authority representatives make a visit to the premise to ensurethe building is meeting all the norms & regulations. Once they are satisfied with the work done, they provide the occupancy certificate.

Though, it is important that you check for all the aforementioned documents while buying a new home. It will be better for you if any competent lawyer would verify these documents.

related Tags