In this busy world, what would be better than having a garden at home Watermelons, sunflowers, pumpkins can turn your terrace into a delightful place. A garden at the terrace will not only look soothing, it controls temperature. In this blog, we will help you with some useful tips about terrace gardening
1. You can grow organic vegetables in your garden. Avoid spraying chemicals and pesticides into it. You can also go for fruit bearing trees such as banana and guava.
2. In case if you have little soil for terrace gardening, you can plant flowers like sedums or alpines. These flowers can withstand certain amount of drought also
3. Make use of plastic containers, they are lighter and hold better moisture than terracotta. When you are using soil at terrace, don forget to waterproof the surface of the terrace. It will protect your home from any leakage
4. Avoid watering the plants in rains. And if there is excessive rain from few days, add nutrients back to soil
5. Another noteworthy thing is sunlight. Usually four to six hours direct sunlight is required for plants at terrace. To grow the tastiest vegetable, arrange more sunlight for them.
6. Don keep plants too close because they will compete for nutrition, water and sunlight and they may not mature as required.
7. Thanks to technology, with few clicks on your mouse, you will access information about gardening. With a plethora of ecommerce sites, you can easily find organic seeds online. However, always read customers testimonials and reviews before making out any purchase from these sites.
8. Gardening requires simple tools and arranges all these for your requirements. You may need sprayers, composters, shovels, rakes, and gloves to name a few.
Gardening can be pleasurable and rewarding. Keep the patience for at least 2 months, and then you will be rewarded with a beautiful space to relax. Happy Gardening!
Disclaimer: The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. IIFL Home Finance Limited (including its associates and affiliates) ("the Company") assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this post and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment, etc. suffered by any reader. All information in this post is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness, or of the results, etc. obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Given the changing nature of laws, rules, and regulations, there may be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information contained in this post. The information on this post is provided with the understanding that the Company is not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. This post may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency or organization. This post may also contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with the Company and the Company does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites. Any/ all (Home/ Loan Against Property/ Secured Business Loan/ Balance Transfer/ Home Improvement Loan/ NRI Home Loan/ Home Loan for Uniformed Services) loan product specifications and information that may be stated in this post are subject to change from time to time, readers are advised to reach out to the Company for current specifications of the said (Home/ Loan Against Property/ Secured Business Loan/ Balance Transfer/ Home Improvement Loan/ NRI Home Loan/ Home Loan for Uniformed Services) loan.